JD in Watchmen

« Older   Newer »
mersil
view post Posted on 11/2/2009, 23:57

Rieccomi! Sono il vostro incubo e vi porto altre due fotine!!!

Amo quest'uomo!!!! :Ciuffo02:

Abbey,
view post Posted on 12/2/2009, 14:16

miiiiiiiii la basettonaaaaaaa

mersil
view post Posted on 18/2/2009, 23:59

Spot n. 6 dove il ns Jd versione Comico ride allegramente (....)

Sbaglio o la musica di sottofondo è la stessa che si sente durante "il volo della fenice" quando il ns Hugh e l'allegra brigata cercano di contrattare con i beduini per avere un po' d'acqua? Oppure le somiglia soltanto...

Cmq ecco un altra fotina di gruppo anche se sono senza i costumi di scena...

Dimenticavo! Sono state rilasciate cinque clip del film.
Qui sotto potete vedere (se volete) la clip del film intitolata "Attention citizen" dove è presente il ns JD.
L'ho messa in spoiler nel caso non la voleste vedere prima dell'uscita del film al cinema.

Buona visione.

SPOILER (click to view)

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 19/2/2009, 01:31

CITAZIONE (mersil @ 18/2/2009, 23:59)

(IMG:http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2892/32...37e920cbqg4.jpg)

urka, si sa da che giornale viene sta foto? Lo voglio!

Mersil, tu per caso puoi scannerizzare l'articolo di Series di Febbraio, compresa la mega foto di JD?

mersil
view post Posted on 19/2/2009, 21:39

Yes! Posso farlo! Appena ho un attimo lo scannerizzo! Poi lo devo postare o te lo devo spedire?

Per quanto riguarda la foto che hai quotato, non so da che giornale venga. L'ho trovata sulla rete. Se lo scopro te lo faccio sapere....

kyra.wolf
view post Posted on 22/2/2009, 13:41

è definitivo: amo il Comedian :GrazieGrazie:

mersil
view post Posted on 22/2/2009, 21:27

E non sei l'unica!

Eccolo di nuovo di spalle...

Sto scannerizzando l'articolo di Series, a breve lo posterò. Abbiate un attimo di pazienza visto che è la prima volta che scannerizzo un articolo con il mio nuovo scanner e quindi sto cercando di trovare la risoluzione migliore....

EDIT
Ecco la scansione dell'articolo su Watchmen apparso su Series.

image image image image

Edited by mersil - 23/2/2009, 21:29

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 23/2/2009, 23:28

CITAZIONE (mersil @ 22/2/2009, 21:27)
Ecco la scansione dell'articolo su Watchmen apparso su Series.

image image image image

GRAZIEEEEEEEEE!!!! :AngelStar12: :AngelStar12:

NB: sono riuscito clamorosamente ad avere l'invito per l'anteprima stampa di Watchmen prevista il due marzo. Il problema è che è di sera e non so come tornare a casa... sono disperata!

mersil
view post Posted on 23/2/2009, 23:47

Aiuto che cosa brutta!!!! Non c'è proprio nessuno nessuno che ti possa aiutare/ospitare???

Io sto leggendo un po' di commenti che si trovano in giro (tradotti un po' alla cavolo) e mi viene sempre di più voglia di andare a vederlo....

mersil
view post Posted on 24/2/2009, 00:23

CITAZIONE (LaurieLo @ 19/2/2009, 01:31)
CITAZIONE (mersil @ 18/2/2009, 23:59)

(IMG:http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2892/32...37e920cbqg4.jpg)

urka, si sa da che giornale viene sta foto? Lo voglio!

Credo di aver trovato l'articolo dal quale è tratta questa foto! E' di un giornale chiamato Film Ink!

imageimage imageimage imageimage

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 24/2/2009, 01:47

caspita, non l'ho mai sentito, è americano?

intanto. UCCIDETEMI. Indovinate dov'è JD in queto momento? A LONDRA. Alla premiere mondiale di Watchmen. Ma come ho fatto a non pensarci??? Sono furibonda.

Piccola consolazione: le foto.

In esclusiva del forum, le foto di JD - WATCHMEN PREMIERE - LONDON 23 FEB.

THOSE PICTURES WERE HARD TO GET, SO PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST WITHOUT PERMISSION, CREDITS, LINK AND SO ON. OR I WON'T POST HIRES PIX ANYMORE.

image image image image image image image

mersil
view post Posted on 24/2/2009, 20:53

Belle foto! Grazie per averle postate!
Da quanto ho letto in giro il giornale dovrebbe essere Australiano.

Jd a Londra!!! Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!

OT Lo ti è arrivato il mio mp? Fine OT

Edit

Spot n. 9 (ci mette un po' a caricarlo, almeno con me l'ha fatto, magari a voi si carica più in fretta)

Edited by mersil - 27/2/2009, 00:08

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 27/2/2009, 13:30

Intervista!

Watchmen's Comedian Almost Perished In Flames

Where the Comedian goes, murder and mayhem follow close behind. So it's only right that the actor portraying this masked sadist, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, almost set himself and the entire Watchmen set ablaze.

We talked to Morgan about his work on Watchmen, and here's what he had to say.

How did you like The Comedian's costume?

It was hard to move in, it was hard to get into, [and] it was hard to get out of. But that being said, when I got in it and stuck a cigar in my mouth... yeah... I wanted to kill people right away.

Did you have previous experience with weapons?

I got to go to the firing range quite a few times. It was a blast. I loved that part of it... There was a flame thrower range in the warehouse, that was a trip... The day that I did the scene where I have to keep the flame on this guy for ten seconds, do a ten count in your head, which is an exceedingly long time to pointing a flame thrower at some guy who has a little gel on him. You're just nailing him with these flames, and I kept pulling up early. I thought I'm going to really hurt this guy and I can't deal with that. And Zack's like, "Do it again man, and you're enjoying this too."

I kept having to redo it because I was pulled up. And I'm smiling and having my little moment but, so finally the last time I did it, I held it on this guy, but in the mean time I'd done it so many times that the rice paddy had been covered with gasoline from shooting this thing. So I'm burning this guy up and I do it and I'm like, "yeah you fucking bastard," and I look down and there's flames coming at me, and it comes right up my leg and there's no one near me. I'm in the middle of a rice paddy. And I look up and I see Zack and his eyes are this big [makes big circles over his eyes] and all I can think is "I can't ruin the costume."

The guys did so much work on the costume and I thought I'm just going to have to put it out myself. It was a nightmare [laughs]. They're imperfect heroes. I kept the cigar lit the whole time, I just sucking on that.

Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach) interrupts:
Rorschach would have been like "27, 28..." [Laughs]

Was it difficult for you taking on the role of this character? Did you go method with it a little?

I'm not a method actor. I always take kind of pride in the fact that when it's time to turn it on, you turn it on, and when it's time to go home at night, you know walk your dog and enjoy your life. But there are a couple of things that I do - that The Comedian does - that certainly wasn't easy to walk away from. They certainly stuck with me. There were a couple sleepless nights. Filming this was a lot harder than I ever anticipated when I first got the role.

It was a lot harder, and Jack [Earle Haley] said something earlier about being isolated. I did the same. We both sort of isolated ourselves from everybody while we were shooting this. It seemed to make more sense in the process. It was a long shoot. It was a great shoot and I loved it, and I loved playing this guy, but the day I got to go home and be rid of him, was not bad. I was tired.

Watchmen will be in theaters on March 6.

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 27/2/2009, 16:26

Altro articolo, occhio agli spoiler!

The guy to watch out for
JOHN MILLAR

2009/02/22
Making the movie Watchmen took a toll on Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who gave it his all.

JOHN MILLAR speaks to Watchmen’s leading actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who is on the road to stardom.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the vicious superhero The Comedian in Watchmen.

JEFFREY Dean Morgan says that playing such a dark character as The Comedian in the epic adventure Watchmen (to open in Malaysia on March 6) took its toll on him — mentally and physically.

The Comedian is a key figure in the development of the plot of this big screen mystery, because it’s his murder that sets Rorschach on a quest to discover who is trying to get rid of all the superheroes.

And there would be no shortage of suspects because The Comedian has made his share of enemies. He’s a ruthless character who committed atrocities in the Vietnam War and is even guilty of attempted rape on another superhero character.

So it’s easy to understand why Jeffrey found getting under the skin of such a sadist to be such a taxing experience.
The big, gentle actor — best known for his recurring role as heart patient Denny Duquette on the hit TV series Grey’s Anatomy and whose films include PS I Love You and Ang Lee’s upcoming Talking Woodstock — admits that filming the attempted rape sequence (in Watchmen) was one of the toughest of his career.

“It was much beyond an attempted rape, it was absolutely vicious,” says Jeffrey. “That scene in particular was much harder than anything else that I have ever filmed in my life.

“And I made a big mistake in the course of filming that scene, which took the better part of three days to do. I went back to sit behind director Zack Snyder (300) and watched play-back. What I saw still makes me catch my breath.

“The beating that I give her is so vicious and so real that I had to walk away for a week. I went up to the mountains of Vancouver and thought... did I make a good choice here in this?

“It is make-believe, we are making a movie here, but still to do stuff like that! I never thought in a million years it could possibly bother me, but — for whatever reason — it did.”

Apart from dealing with the emotional side of delving into the heart of darkness, Jeffrey also had to cope with the physical demands of being transformed into the muscular, cigar-chomping character that is The Comedian.

“My costume was also the biggest pain,” says the 42-year-old Seattle native.

“I would come in at 2am to start shooting at 10am and then work 16-, 17-, 18-hour days and then afterwards have to sit for two hours while this stuff got pulled off me. So, by the time I started shooting, I would be in a crappy mood.

“The saving grace was that I was working with Zack Snyder and these other actors who are just a lovely group; you are not going to find a more enthusiastic and happy bunch. Zack in particular is like that; I don’t know where he gets his energy.

“After working a 20-hour day he was still running around in a T-shirt in zero degree weather, saying... ‘That was awesome!’ It was great because had you been with a director that got swallowed up in the darkness of some of this stuff, then it would have been hell shooting this film.”

One of Jeffrey’s favourite moments in the making of Watchmen was the filming of the Keene Riots — which happen after the controversial superheroes are officially banned by the government.

“That was when the scale of what we were doing hit me. Walking out into the New York Streets that these guys built was amazing. They were huge,” he says.

“It was awesome having Archie, Nite Owl’s Owl Ship, floating above my head and 500 extras running for their lives as explosions were happening all around, and me jumping out of the Owl Ship and taking pot shots at people with my shotgun.”

From the moment he was cast Jeffrey was aware that there would be intensive fight training before the cameras rolled, but he reveals that his call up to get into shape still caught him by surprise.

“We weren’t supposed to be starting the movie for another four months and I was going to go to Hawaii to celebrate (being cast). Then I got a call to say we were starting.

“So I went to an airport hangar in Los Angeles and there was a three-tonne tractor tyre in the middle of the building and they asked me to move it from one side of the building to the other ... without rolling it! I asked if they were insane!

“This was my introduction to the new workout theory! Where’s the gym? It was very crazy, a lot of insane techniques to get in shape. I did that every day in LA for a month and a half. I couldn’t walk and I hated it.

“Then I went up to Vancouver and the fight training started and that’s when I started having fun. Somehow in the previous month and a half I had gotten into shape and I was able to move a little bit.”

He continues: “Fight training was a month of throwing proper punches, really. Punches are much more different in film than they are in the real world. So there was a lot of strictly learning how to fight for the camera. I worked very closely with the stunt double and we did lots of boxing and I did knife training and then I went on to the shooting range and fired guns. I also did a little bit of taekwondo.

“Then once I started to do the choreography, that was when all the fun really started. It was like a dance but it was a violent dance.”

Inevitably with all the action that was involved, during training Jeffrey took a few accidental hits and suffered some bruises.

“I was punched in the eye like every 30 seconds and it was always my fault for bobbing when I should have been weaving,” he says.

He also broke a toe when he dropped a crowbar that was being used for weight training.

“That happened before we even got to Vancouver to start filming. So I thought we had better get filming this quickly or I would be just a bloody pulp. The first sequence we shot for the movie was when The Comedian is attacked in his apartment. That took eight or nine days. I worked four months for that scene, but it was cool, it was good to be able to know what I was doing.”

In the middle of filming a Vietnam sequence for Watchmen Jeffrey also had a potentially dangerous moment involving a flame thrower.

“That’s when I got hurt once — well, I didn’t really get hurt, I was set on fire doing the flame thrower stuff in Vietnam,” he says, in an almost matter-of-fact manner.

“It was actually really funny. I was in the middle of this rice paddy and there was no-one near me. Zack was way over there with the crew shouting... ‘burn longer!’ I was to point the flame thrower at a guy who was three metres away from me and I was doing a count to five in my head and thought that was plenty. But Zack said to count longer.

“So we did this so many times that the water I was standing in became saturated with gasoline from the flame thrower. Then the last time that I fired it I finally heard Zack say ‘cut’. I said, thank goodness, because I thought I was going to kill the guy for real.

“Then I looked down and saw fire coming right at me through the water. It caught on my leg and I could see Zack and his eyes were grew big. But I don’t think he was worried about me, I think he was thinking... That’s my costume that cost me a bomb to make. I was in a metre of water and I remember people shouting... ‘Don’t get your costume wet!’ Anyway I patted the fire down and I didn’t get too hurt.”

Unlike The Comedian who has a short fuse, Jeffrey seems easy-going and friendly and extremely laid-back about the prospect of Watchmen making him a star. — Courtesy of United International Pictures

Saving superheroes
A COMPLEX, multi-layered mystery adventure, Watchmen is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the Doomsday Clock — which charts the America’s tension with the Soviet Union — is set at five minutes to midnight.
When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed-up but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes.
As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion — a ragtag group of retired superheroes, with one of them having superhuman powers — Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future.
Their mission is to watch over humanity... but who is watching over the Watchmen?
Watchmen is based upon the graphic novel co-created and illustrated by Dave Gibbons and published by DC Comics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They’re only human
The Comedian a.k.a. Edward Blake (Jeffrey Dean Morgan)
One of the most active vigilantes in the Watchmen universe, Edward Blake operated as The Comedian for decades, in addition to working for the American government in Vietnam and elsewhere.
Originally a jester-themed hero, he later took on a more militaristic outfit, in keeping with his violent solutions to most problems. He is by all appearances a cynical egotist using moralistic vigilantism as a cover for his sadistic tendencies.

Dr Manhattan a.k.a. Jon Osterman
(Billy Crudup)
In the late 1950s, ordinary man Jon Osterman was ripped into particles in a science experiment gone horribly wrong. But his consciousness lived on, and he managed to reassemble himself as a glowing blue model of physical perfection, able to see the future and alter matter all the way down to the subatomic level.

Nite Owl 2 a.k.a. Dan Dreiberg
(Patrick Wilson)
Inspired by the original Nite Owl (played by Stephen McHattie) from the hero team known as the Minutemen, Dan Dreiberg used his skills as an inventor to become the second, much more gadget-driven Nite Owl.
Partnering with Rorschach, the two operated as a team, using Nite Owl’s Owl Ship, a round, owl-themed craft named Archie, to quickly fly to the scene of the crime.
Relatively even-keeled when compared to his fellow heroes, Dreiberg retired when costumed vigilantes were outlawed, and as the years passed he has fallen out of shape and been plagued by growing insecurities.

Rorschach a.k.a. Joseph Walter Kovacs (Jackie Earle Haley)
Motivated by a traumatic childhood and an unwavering sense of right and wrong, Walter Kovacs became the costumed hero Rorschach, wearing a trench coat, a fedora, and a mask with a shifting, mirrored pattern of black shapes on a white background.
Highly skilled in physical combat and able to turn almost anything to hand into a makeshift weapon, Rorschach worked as a team with the second Nite Owl until costumed vigilantes were outlawed.
Nite Owl retired, but Rorschach refused to follow suit, operating illegally and becoming increasingly paranoid. His journal is the regular record of all of his activities and his increasingly misanthropic musings.

Silk Spectre 2 a.k.a. Laurel Jane Juspeczyk (Malin Akerman)
Laurie Juspeczyk was pushed into adventuring by her mother Sally Jupiter (Carla Gugino), the original Silk Spectre. The youngest of the Watchmen, Laurie was haunted by ghosts from her mother’s past, which complicated her own, limited activities as a vigilante.
She became involved with Dr Manhattan and quickly retired her Silk Spectre identity as costume vigilantes were outlawed, choosing to live with Dr Manhattan at a private government institution. Their isolated lives together make her witness and captive to his increasingly inhuman eccentricities.

Ozymandias a.k.a. Adrian Veidt
(Matthew Goode)
Adrian Veidt, acclaimed as “the world’s smartest man”, was inspired by the life of Alexander the Great to take on the costumed identity of Ozymandias.
Having trained his body to athletic perfection, he operated for only a few years before retiring, revealing his secret identity publicly, and building a financial empire based around his past as a costumed hero.
Determined to do good in the world, he is one of the few vigilantes apparently free from psychological scars from his years of fighting crime.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Mon...cle/indexF_html

CITAZIONE (mersil @ 24/2/2009, 20:53)
OT Lo ti è arrivato il mio mp? Fine OT

Secondo te mi limiterò a vederlo una volta sola? :D

LaurieLo
view post Posted on 27/2/2009, 17:20

souvenir da watchmen....

‘Watchmen’ Star Jeffrey Dean Morgan On His Favorite Souvenirs And The Story’s Significance

There are certain accessories that define superheroes — Superman’s cape or Wonder Woman’s tiara, just to name a few. And in the world of “Watchmen,” there is no piece of flair more ubiquitous to the story than The Comedian’s smiley face pin. For those of us who have read the comic, it’s right there in the first panel of page one, and from what we’ve seen of director Zack Snyder’s adaptation so far via “Watchmen” trailers and “Watchmen” posters, it looks to play a major symbolic role in the film as well.

So, naturally, you’d assume that Jeffrey Dean Morgan — the actor who portrays The Comedian — got to walk away with the pin that’s become the iconic image of highly-anticipated flick… but you’d be wrong.

“I don’t have the smiley face pin,” laughed Morgan. “I have a domino mask and my dog tags from Vietnam which are pretty cool. I have those two items. I know Zack took my guns — that made me mad, I wanted those puppies [laughs]! But yeah, that’s what I made off with.”

Regardless of not getting the opportunity to bring home a piece of comic book history — or an arsenal of big honkin’ guns — Morgan sees the chance to play a role in “Watchmen” as souvenir enough.

“It’s such a smart piece of literature,” said Morgan. “It’s unlike any comic book that’s ever been written. It takes whatever we know about superheroes and throws it right out the window. I know the ‘Watchmen’ fans are going to go see it, but I hope everybody gets a chance to see it because it does take any kind of preconceived notions we have about superheroes and throws it out right out the window and superheroes movies are a big deal right now.”

Ask JD!

Do You Have Any Burning Questions for Watchmen's Jeffrey Dean Morgan?

We know you loved Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the dearly departed Denny Duquette on Grey's Anatomy, John Winchester on Supernatural and Judah Botwin on Weeds. (Why does he always play dead people?) Luckily for all you JDM fans, we snagged an interview with the up-and-coming movie star to chat about his role in Warner Bros.' Watchmen, which hits theaters March 6.

Directed by the visionary behind 300, Zack Snyder, Watchmen is based off the 1986 comic book series of the same name. The story is set in an alternative 1985, where superheroes exist and tensions between the U.S. and the Soviet Union are coming to a boiling point. Rorschach, a superhero vigilante, investigates the murder of a former hero, The Comedian (Morgan), and inadvertently discovers a widespread conspiracy to kill heroes, in turn changing the course of history.

So, what would you ask Jeffrey Dean about Watchmen, Grey's and his other ventures. (Before you ask, no, we will not ask him for his phone number.)

Look for his interview at TVGuide.com on March 4!

http://www.tvguide.com/Asks/Burning-Questi...ns-1003371.aspx

150 replies since 6/10/2007, 18:37   2737 views